This firm has thirty years experience dealing with Medical Negligence Claims.
Medical negligence claims arise from injuries sustained as a direct result of negligent medical treatment or care. These claims are more complex than claims for Personal Injury and are not dealt with by the Injuries Board.
We enlist the help of experienced medical personnel to give expert medical opinion on the circumstances of a potential claim.
Medical negligence claims can arise, inter alia, from the following:
- a medical professional failing to diagnose an illness or injury
- a medical professional erroneously diagnosing an illness or injury
- a medical professional belatedly diagnosing an illness or injury
- a mistake in the administration of medication
- a mistake in the performance in a procedure or operation.
Medical negligence claims are subject to the Statute of Limitations and must be brought within 2 years of the date of knowledge of the medical negligence. However in the case of a child, the 2 year period does not start until that child reaches the age of 18. Usually the claim is brought by the Guardian on behalf of the child whilst the child is under the age of 18.
It is essential that if you have a concern that you would discuss same immediately with a solicitor as generally speaking the time limits are short.